Thursday, January 15, 2015

Practice Blog Post 1







Outline
I. Name, Family, What made me the person I am
II. What made me choose education
III. My passion for life and children








Who Am I?
To know someone you have to know who makes that person complete. My name is Robin Scott formerly Robin Russell. I was born in Birmingham , AL and spent my life in that area from the time I was 4 until I moved to Robertsdale , AL in 2004.

I attended Fayetteville High School in Talladega County AL. My graduating class contained 25 students, so to say I am a small town girl is undertstated. I grew up with unlocked doors, open windows and communication consisted of face to face. I have adapted to technology and enjoy utilizing this to keep in contact with my friends from small town USA.

After graduation I began my journey to teaching, I attended Jacksonville State University for two semesters. I then chose to get married and spend a year enjoying life. After about a year of marriage I returned to college and focused on a degree in Business. I graduated May 200
4 with an AAS in Office Administration.

With this degree I began working in retail and utilizing my business skills, after the recession started and companies were laying off I attending Fortis College and became a certified medical assistant and worked in Neurology and Pain Management for three years. During this time I gave birth to two wonderful children.

Why do I want to become an educator?
My children are Delie (5 years old) and my son Daniel who is (2 years old). After my son was born  with a birth defect I decided to follow my passion again. I enrolled in USA with the desire to educate children with various learning or physical disabilities. I hope to work in Early Intervention as well as teach.

What are my passions?

My passions included reading, playing with my children and learning. I love to research methods of role play with my kids so that I can watch them develop the passion that I have to learn. I hope that by becoming an educator in the 21st century,  that the children I am fortunate enough to be a part of their education  will be able to communicate more effectively globally. Having technology to break language barriers, social barriers and economic barriers will carry education into many directions.






No comments:

Post a Comment