Sunday, February 1, 2015

Effective Peer Editing Blog Post #3


Picture of Children Reviewing a Notebook

 




Peer editing is a positive review of someone your age or in your field of study.  It is giving criticism and advising another person on how to improve their work.

When preparing to editing another individuals work you must follow certain criteria in order to be effective. You should first give a complement on the subject or a specific part of their work. Next you should give suggestions to the author on how to improve clarity and finally you should proof read the entirety of the material and make any grammatical or spelling corrections necessary.

When I start to give my classmates in EDM 310 peer reviews or to edit I hope to be a positive reinforcement. I plan on first looking for clarity and structure. Then I plan to suggest any additional content. Lastly I will look for any errors in grammar and spelling. I will look to make sure all pictures are cited appropriately.

Peer editing is important because it can help you and your reviewer learn more on the subject, learn you to accept criticism and give confidence in your writing skills.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Robin!

    After reading your blog post I feel like you could have added more and maybe added links to the videos and slideshows that we were supposed to watch and look over. While I see some of the material in your post I feel that it would be more helpful to people that are not taking our class to have the option to look at the resources themselves. I love that you grades the meaning behind the overall goal of the resources that our peer reviews need to have comments and be positive throughout! The part about using your new knowledge of peer review in your own peer reviews of our classmates. Just remember to add more information and try to add links to the resources.

    ReplyDelete