Sunday, March 29, 2015

Blog Post #10 Inspirations from Kathy Cassidy



These are the most Amazing 1st Graders! They are students in Ms. Kathy Cassidy's classroom. Seeing them use technology at this age is outstanding and sometimes incomprehensible.

Ms. Cassidy utilizes class room time in very unique ways. She lets her students use technology to display their work in a portfolio that all the world can view. She states in her first interview with Dr. Strange "Why would children use pencil and paper where I can see it, when they could write on a blog where the whole world can see it?"

What incredible incite this teacher has. What better way to aspire your children to become artist or writers.

This approach to learning is something I hope to use in the classroom. Ms. Cassidy inspired me to look beyond a traditional approach. Taking the EDM 310 class at first seems like a horrible experience, until that one teacher shows your their classroom.

I think if more current, traditional and future teachers were to view these videos, their mindset on technology would change.

I plan to use twitter to share these inspirations in my PLN.



Inteview #1 Kathy Cassidy

Interview #2 Kathy Cassidy

Interview #3 Kathy Cassidy

The technique I most respected with her videos was being able to skype other classrooms or professionals and let the children interview them. I think children are able to see how education is important is much more impacting than anything we can have them write about. I hope to set up a class blog in my classroom so that my students can share with family, friends and the world their potential. I also hope to created something similar to facebook just for the classroom where students can contact their classmates and other students their age to begin their own PLN (personal learning network).


http://cdn.sheknows.com/articles/2012/06/sarah_parenting/baby-technology.jpg


1 comment:

  1. Robin,
    Your post was very well put. I also like the idea of being able to Skype other classrooms. Technology has come so far, and I am so excited to incorporate it in my future class room.

    - Johanna Logan

    ReplyDelete