Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Project 16 Part A #2 Technology and Teaching: My Philosophy



Out with the old . In with the New


In a world where each day brings new progress, as a teacher we must remember that change is inevitable.

My philosophy on using technology in the classroom has grown and developed over the past semester here at the University of South Alabama. When I first began this class, I just hoped to pass and move on. But in taking this course, meeting other perspective teachers, and also using technology to communicate with current teachers, I have come to realize that I must too change. Long gone are the days where a teacher could command his or her classroom to sit idle and listen to lectures. We as teachers must now grab the attention of many students who are far more advanced in technology than we will ever dream to be. I have discovered that engaging students will be more of the focus of teaching and that in doing this the students will retain more knowledge than just that of lectures and facts. I have noticed in EDM 310 for example that students have left the course , feeling overwhelmed, or unable to change or continue to learn. Some were still unable to accept a changing environment for learning. However, I  believe the course is essential to learning how to engage students.

 My new philosophy on technology is to become a lifelong learner. I hope to find a niche in which I belong and soar freely through technology. I want to embrace the rewards and benefits of teaching using technology. I aspire to see students grouped together discovering the power of learning. I embrace that as a teacher I will encounter different uses of technology and blend them into each lesson I am able to share with my students. Teaching and Technology are no longer two different subjects to divide. The two must be interconnected and adapted into the new classroom of today.


quote by michael elliot 3rd grade teacher



No comments:

Post a Comment